Picadilly

25 March 2012

I must confess, I am disappinted

I love children’s novels. I have a section on my bookshelf dedicated to Roald Dahl, Hans Anderson, Dr Seuss, A.A Milne, and my two prized possessions – my first fairy tale book (received sometime between 1983 and 1984 from my godparents) and my first children’s Bible, which was a Christmas present from my grandparents. 



My most recent acquisition is the Beatrix Potter collection. Some of my favourite tales, all wrapped in a gorgeous box;


Over the weekend I read The Tales Of Two Bad Mice. I nearly cried. On page 18 I spotted the following; “Hunca Munca had another disappintment.” Disappintment? 



I must confess, I am disappointed with the editors at Frederick Warne & Co. and I am fairly sure Ms Potter would be just as disappointed. I have not been able to get past it and read another tale, much to my disappintment. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am a big fan of Beatrix Potter as well, and I would like to find a box set similar to the one you have. Can you please tell me the year of publication or where you found this beautiful collection.
    Thank You,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meghan. Terribly sorry for not responding earlier, I only saw you post now. If you are based in South Africa, you can have a look at Bargain Books (that is where I found my set). Alternatively also look online at Kalahari.com or takealot.com. Once again, apologies for the late response.

      Delete

About the scribbler

My photo
Lover of cats, books and red wine. Wife and mom-to-be.

Followers