Picadilly

05 September 2012

Day nine – two songs


Since embarking on this challenge the two songs have changed every time I think about it. Which to include? Dire Straits’ Walk of Life, Suzanne Vega’s Luka, Louis Armstrong’s Smokie, Right Now by Korn, My Mistress, Never Again and I'm Alive by Disturbed also holds so much significance.

Somewhere along the line music became a huge part of my life. No, I can’t sing to save my life, nor do I play an instrument, but I listen to it. For every phase of my life, milestone or bump there is a song or two.

I finally managed to narrow it down to two songs…

I’m Too Sexy, Right Said Fred. I don’t know what it is about this song, but when it plays I have an imaginary microphone in my hand and I do my little turn on an imaginary catwalk.

Divine, Disturbed. The song is a reminder to love yourself. No matter how strange, weird, fat, skinny, ugly, gorgeous, tattooed or bizarre the world perceives you to be – you are divine! Be who you are, stand out, stand up and be divine.

 

2 comments:

  1. Right Said Fred? Seriously??? Well I learned something today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should provide some entertainment. :)

      Delete

About the scribbler

My photo
Lover of cats, books and red wine. Wife and mom-to-be.

Followers