Picadilly

03 September 2012

Day seven – four books

Being a bookworm selecting four books is complete torture. I grew up in a library, or at least I spent most of my Primary School days hiding out in one, I was a little introverted.

Having discovered the world of books at a young age, I have lost track of the many adventures I got sucked into. So many books have been devoured and there are still so many to indulge in… ok, four books; 

  1. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Anne finds her home and her little spot on earth with the Cuthbert. I love a happy ending and the start of new adventures.
  2. The Madonna of Excelsior by Zakes Mda. I had to study this book, cover-to-cover, for my English studies (Approaching Literature). I absolutely adored every second of it. Zakes Mda is a brilliant and witty writer. "From the sins of our mothers all these things flow," – a perfect circle, a perfect book.
  3. This list would not be complete without a Harry Potter. By far my all-time favourite Harry Potter book has to be Harry Potter and the Horcruxes. This book contains one of my favourite revelations – Professor Severus Snape’s story. The movie doesn’t do his story justice – go on, give the book a read.
  4. Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind. I love a good murder mystery and Süskind takes his character to a whole new level of… well, weird.

So there you have it, four books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the scribbler

My photo
Lover of cats, books and red wine. Wife and mom-to-be.

Followers