Picadilly

10 September 2012

Loving all things cupcake

Nephew-child is turning one tomorrow – yip, a whole one years’ old. It’s a bit cliché-ish, but I actually cannot believe how time has flown. In the last year the little Moo has sprouted about 10 teeth (I may be exaggerating by a tooth or two) and become quite mobile on his legs, none of that wobbly stuff – he is sturdy – a little Sharkie in the making.

This weekend we had a bit of a celebration and for the first time Moo got to smash a cupcake in his face (and everywhere else).  Now as a lover of all things cupcake, I wish I could remember that first taste, hence why I couldn't resist sharing the messy cupcake moment:
Pictures: Shamelessly taken from the dad’s Facebook album.
Happy birthday to the best little nephew-child, we look forward to spending many more with you and enjoy more of 'em cupcakes.  

In some other weekend news…

On the kitty-related news, our little Meeko caught a bird. Now being a cat that might not seem newsworthy, but I know there are about two people who’d love the story.

As I opened the door yesterday morning, Meeko went sprinting past me into the backyard. She first squirrelled up the tree (with birds scattering in all direction), came back down and then did this bollemakiesie, which sent the dust flying everywhere. Now while all this was happening Tulip and I stood watching – and I was lecturing her on patience and how she will never catch a bird if she doesn’t take a bit of time doing the stalking business.

Much to my surprise, after the dust had settled, Meeko came running towards me with a bird in her mouth. Turns out her speed, accuracy and lack of patience resulted in success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the scribbler

My photo
Lover of cats, books and red wine. Wife and mom-to-be.

Followers