Picadilly

21 August 2012

The 10 Day YOU Challenge

I have mentioned once before that I love a challenge, so when my friend, Girl from Mars, took up the challenge I thought “heck, why not”. This is a 10 Day YOU Challenge – it looks easy, but once you get started you are left doing a bit of head scratching, or rather, soul-searching. 

The challenge goes a little something like this:
Day one – ten secrets
Day two – nine loves
Day three – eight fears
Day four – seven wants
Day five – six places
Day six – five foods
Day seven – four books
Day eight – three films
Day nine – two songs
Day ten – one picture (of yourself).



Feel free to join in!
 
So here is my day one – 10 secrets (in no particular order).

1.   I hate my toes and my fingers – they look like chipolatas. I’d trade in my two front-teeth for elegant toes and fingers.

2.   I have duck feet. No really. My feet are so broad that I will never be able to wear elegant strappy shoes – ever. When I shoe shop, I deliberately go for chucky shoes, and when I find a pair that fits, I buy it in every colour. Please don’t stare at my feet next time you see me…

3.   I haven’t worn a pair of shorts since I was 13. I am extremely self-conscious about my legs and, as such, I avoid shorts. Unless of course they come up to my knee, those are cool.

4.   I have never been outside the country.

5.   I believe that you should fake it until you make it. We all strive to achieve something, but getting there takes time. By faking it, like you’ve already made it, you develop a certain amount of confidence, or at least you bullshit people into thinking so.  

6.   I don’t have patients, at all. If I want something, I want it NOW! For example, waiting for my study material, even just a few days, is nothing short of pure torture and not to mention waiting for results! I’ll visit the myUnisa site, where all the exam information is published, 110 times an hour. No exaggeration.

7.   I haven’t read 60% of the books I own. I love books, and I do read them, unfortunately I just seem to buy them faster than I can read them.

8.  I don’t forgive. If someone hurts me really bad, I won’t forgive and forget. It’s a huge personality flaw. There are even some incidents I can date pinpoint the unforgivable event.  

9.   I drop the f-bomb on occasions (I am cautious about when and where though) and in the (questionably) wise words of Limp Bizkit’s frontman, Fred Durst, “fuck is just a word, and it’s all fucked up”.

10. The person I admire the most is my bf. He is the single most kind-hearted person in the world, who has an amazing amount of tolerance and patients, and he always sees the good in someone, even if they don’t see it themselves. He rocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the scribbler

My photo
Lover of cats, books and red wine. Wife and mom-to-be.

Followers